HeatSmart Dual Mode Infrared Heater
Sorry, Out of Stock
Budget conscious shoppers will love our newest heater model. The HeatSmart features dual 1500 and 1000 power modes, comes in an attractive wood cabinet and costs less than other manufacturer's comparable models.
- Quick Tips
- Cabinet: Furniture Grade 5/8" plywood with Oak Veneer Finish Sold Wood (not particle board as found in other units)
- Casters: Uses four Hi-impact casters. Easily rolled from room to room.
- Chamber: Galvanized / Electro-plated solid Steel Chamber
- Weight: 34 pounds
- Dimensions: 13.128w x 19.25d x 17.25h
- Power: Plugs into any standard 110v 3-prong grounded wall outlet
- Exclusive Features: YES - Option-Switch™ allows you to convert your heater from 1500 watts to 1000 watts of energy.
- Maximum Heating Area: 1500 watts will heat a space up to 1,000 sq. ft. and 1000 watts is ideal for a smaller room up to 600 sq. ft.
- Watts: 1500 watts on HI setting and 1000 watts on LOW setting.
- Amps: 12.5 on HI and 9.0 on LOW
- BTUs: 5120 on HI setting and 3400 on LOW setting
- Thermostat: Electronic Thermostat with LCD digital display and remote control.
- Filter: Lifetime washable electrostatic filter.
- Accuracy: Thermostat is accurate to +/- 1°
- Thermostat Range: 40° to 90° Fahrenheit
- Power Cord: 6ft - 14 gauge
- Safety: ETL, UL, CTL certified.
- Safety Cut Off Switch: YES, automatically turns off if airflow is obstructed.
- Remote Control: YES, small, attractive simple design.
- Cord Storage: YES, Convenient built in cord wrap.
- Lifetime Filter: YES, Simple to remove and clean - just run it under water and let dry.
- Heat Chamber: Convection Style Heat Chamber uses the latest and most efficient design.
- Heat Type: Therapeutic Quartz Infrared Heat.
- Heating Source: Six Infrared Elements (tubes). Tubes are manufactured to last 20,000 hours.
- Fan System: Two sleeve-bearing fans.
- Noise Level: Quite 33.87 DbA rating.
- Heating Elements: Life Expectancy Potential: Rated 20,000 hrs.
- Warranty: Extended 3 year warranty on replacement parts to be replaced onsite by the customer.
- Simple to run controls.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the OPTI-SWITCH on the HEAT SMART™ Infrared Heating System? The HEAT SMART™ infrared heater is a revolutionary portable furnace that safely and efficiently heats the objects in a room using infrared waves as opposed to less efficient systems that use radiant or solar radiation. With the use of modern technology we have introduced a special feature on the HEAT SMART™ infrared heater called the Opti-Switch™. It is revolutionary to other Quartz Infrared Heaters. With the flip of a switch you can reduce the amount of electrical current flowing into your unit by one-third thus reducing your heating costs even more.
How much power does the HEAT SMART™ heaters draw? The HEAT SMART™ heaters use 1500 watts. And by using the HEAT SMART™ infrared heater model with the Opti-Switch™ feature, you can reduce the wattage as low as 1000 watts, thus reducing the amount of electricity needed to operation your heater by one-third. A great feature as we move closer to spring or in smaller rooms not requiring the full 1500 watts.
Why is the HEAT SMART™ quartz infrared heater purchase price more than a space heater? This state-of-the-art technology is a zoned heat source in every respect. It has a miniature heat chamber, infrared heating elements, a solid-state electronic control system, dual high and low limit switches to regulate temperature and air flow, a stylish furniture grade, all wood cabinet, a sensitive solid-state thermostat with high voltage relays for turning the infrared elements on and off and a dual ultra-quite 55 CFM fans. It is a revolutionary "Green technology" product in every respect.
The HEAT SMART™ heaters, like a central heating system, will heat an entire area evenly and efficiently because the heat spreads rapidly through the entire room. That's what's so neat about infrared heat. Furthermore, HEAT SMART™ heaters are safe. It will not start a fire or burn you if you get to close to it.
What makes the HEAT SMART™ Heating Systems different? There are three major types of heat.
The first is RADIANT HEAT. Radiant heat can be generated utilizing combustion or the burning of a fossil fuel, i.e. natural gas, wood, oil, etc. It can also be generated using electrical current to heat a coil, as in a baseboard heater, or to heat different liquids such as oil in a portable radiator. Radiant heat is a very long waveform that can actually be seen radiating off the earths surface in a mirage or off the top of a wall radiator. It is a very long wave pattern.
The second is SOLAR RADIATION. Solar radiation is a very short wave pattern that includes all house wavelengths in the light spectrum that are both harmful and beneficial. Solar radiation is responsible for the burn you get by sitting to close to a fire or disc heater or by sitting out in the sun too long. Ultraviolet radiation falls into this solar radiation spectrum. Solar radiation has a very short wave pattern that cannot be detected by the human eye. Ultraviolet Radiation, for example, is a type of solar radiation, and the wave pattern varies from approximately 180 nanometers to 270 nanometers.
A third form of radiation is INFRARED RADIATION. It is the safest and most effective type of radiation to use for warming up the objects in a room including the human body. All HEAT SMART™ Heating Systems use safe infrared radiation to efficiently convert electrical power into therapeutic infrared heat. Infrared heat is by far the most economical type of heat for zone or area heating. Infrared waves vary from 5 to 14 microns which is much longer than solar radiation but much shorter than radiant heat waves. Infrared radiation is the perfect waveform for the most efficient heating systems. Infrared heat is also the most therapeutic type of heat, which is why it is used universally for all medical applications requiring heat applications as well as the preferred heat type in most saunas. HEAT SMART™ Infrared Saunas produce the same infrared wave that the HEAT SMART™ heaters produce.
How does the initial cost and savings compare to other heaters? The HEAT SMART™ heaters combine new advanced engineering with the latest in infrared commercial quartz elements. The heat chambers incorporate a 'convection-style' heating process, proven to be more efficient that the earlier designs using heating tubes. The heat is transferred through water molecules in the air that act as a carrier for the infrared heat that is expelled into the room. Water molecules distribute the heat more evenly in the room than do the air molecules, which is why you eliminate most cold air pockets in a room by using moist infrared heat. It is a warmer gentler heat that penetrates the body more effectively than radiant heat. Water molecules weigh more than air molecules so the warm air will not quickly rise to the ceiling as happens with radiant heat systems. The patent pending 'convection-style' heat chamber utilizes six special infrared elements with ceramic tips.
All HEAT SMART™ infrared heaters exhale what is coined as "soft" environmentally friendly heat that employs the humidity in the room as a vehicle to warm up large spaces quickly and efficiently. Conventional heat sources that dry the air cause occupants to lose energy and force them to breathe dry uncomfortable air.
How much area does a HEAT SMART™ Heating System heat? The HEAT SMART™ Heating Systems are an excellent source of heat for properly insulated rooms as large as 1000 sq. ft. as a general guideline from the manufacturer. This is based on individual factors such as outside temperature, wall and window insulation factors, height of ceiling, layout of the space, outdoor temperture etc. Although other companies claim their infrared heaters will heat over 1000 square feet and more, we choose to keep our claims as close to reality as found in independent studies. Why Buy from us?
How does the comfort of HEAT SMART™ heaters compare to other systems? The HEAT SMART™ infrared heaters are like a miniature furnace. They are state-of-the-art systems that provide the most comfortable form of heat.
Unlike traditional systems, which may leave a differential of up to 18 degrees from floor to ceiling, the HEAT SMART™ infrared heater/furnace produces infrared heat that does not concentrate near the ceiling. Heat is evenly distributed from floor to ceiling throughout the room.
The even heating and higher humidity permit lower heat settings with more comfort, less condensation on windows and less static electricity. In independent studies, photos using infrared lighting demonstrated that the heat was almost perfectly even from floor-to-ceiling and wall-to-wall. The HEAT SMART™ Quartz Infrared efficiency is based on the distribution of energized air, not on just fan movement. This heat is coined as "soft heat" due to how comfortable it is.
What kind of warranty does it have? The HEAT SMART™ heater has a 3-year factory warranty, which includes the heating elements. The unit has no moving parts except the dual fans and has trouble free solid-state controls.
Is the HEAT SMART™ Heating Systems safe? The HEAT SMART™ Infrared Heating Systems have no flame or fumes. They are safe, with clean infrared heating elements, which provide the energy. Extensive testing has verified the safety of the HEAT SMART™ infrared heaters. All HEAT SMART™ Heaters are ETL, UL and CSA Certified.
Economically, how does the HEAT SMART™ heater compare to other systems? HEAT SMART™ heaters are a great economical way to heat. The HEAT SMART™ heater can use an average of 35% less energy than conventional electric furnace / baseboard systems because you will feel warmer with HEAT SMART™ infrared heat vs. radiant heat systems. This allows you to save energy by turning down your house heating system. Even more impressive results were found during comparisons with fuel based heating systems. Individual results, of course, depend on insulation values, local climate, and other conditions. And by optimizing with the HEAT SMART™ heater model with the special Opti-Switch™ feature, results can be comparably lower yet.
Where is the HEAT SMART™ Portable Zone Heaters most often used? The key is to "Heat The Room You Are In - Not the whole house"
Your HEAT SMART™ heater can be used effectively in any properly insulated room. We suggest using one in the room you and your family spend time in and turn your house heating system down a few degrees. At night roll your HEAT SMART™ heater to the bedroom and save energy all night while saying warm in your room. Use your HEAT SMART™ in cold uncomfortable areas in your home, finished basements, back bedroom or in your office. HEAT SMART™ heaters are ideal for use in mobile homes, recreational vehicles, etc.
Your HEAT SMART™ heater is to be used as an energy saving source of comfortable heat when employed as a supplement for other heat sources in the home. It's a more efficient, less expensive way to heat your home. Zoned heating is more cost saving and the "Green Environmental" heat is safer inside and outside your home. Your main heating system will thank you.
Troubleshooting tips to get the most from your HeatSmart Infrared heater
If the heater will not turn on:
- 1. Is the power light (red switch) ON? If NO:
- Make sure power source is good. Plug in a lamp to check.
- Check the circuit breaker.
- Make sure Power Cord prongs are snug in the outlet.
- 2. If YES:
- The heater will not operate when the temperature is too high. Test the heater in a room that is below 75°F.
- The heater will not operate when stored in freezing environments. Bring the heater inside to warm up one hour prior to operation.
If the remote does not work:
- Remove plastic packing strip from battery compartment.
- Push the Power button located on the remote, or on the LCD display, to turn on the heater. The display will be light when unit is on.
- Make sure to point the remote towards the LCD display
- Replace the battery
- If the remote still is not functional after completing the above steps, please contact customer service for a replacement remote.
If the display does not work:
- Push the Power button located on the remote, or on the LCD display, to turn on the heater.
- Make sure to point the remote towards the LCD display.
If the fan does not turn on:
- Give the heating chamber two minutes to warm up before fans turn on.
If the fan does not turn off:
- Remember, the fan will continue to run until the heat chambers have cooled down. After a few minutes the fan will shut off automatically, unless the thermostat once again calls for heat.
If the fan is running slowly or there is reduced air flow:
- Clean air filter per User's Manual.
- Clean and vacuum rear vent if needed.
If the unit is not heating the room properly:
- Make sure the Lifetime filter is clean.
- Try placing the unit on an interior wall.
- What type of floor is the heater setting on? Cement, tile and other similar types of floors are porous surfaces that can absorb a great deal of heat. This will increase the amount of time needed to heat the room. Alternative, set unit up off the floor.
- Is the room well insulated? A room with many or large windows, or little insulation will not retain the heat as efficiently.
If these steps do not solve the problem, please contact customer service
Three Year Manufacturer Warranty on Internal Components
Heat Smart warrants this product to the original purchaser or gift recipient, to be free from defects in workmanship and materials under normal use and service for a period of three year from date of purchase limited to internal operational components only, excluding veneer and/or cabinetry changes after 70 days from invoice date. Warranty does not include labor of any kind or any shipping charges that may be involved.
All Warranties implied by law, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are expressly limited to the duration of the warranty set forth above.
Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on the length of the implied warranty, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
In no even shall Heat Smart or BW Inc. be liable for any incidental or consequential damages, loss of profit, or medical expenses caused by any defect, failure, misuse, or malfunction of the product.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of limitation on the length of incidental or consequential damages so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. The Company will not be responsible for damages or losses, direct or indirect, caused by misuse, abuse, accident, negligence, conditions of transportation or storage, or failure to follow instructions. The Company will not be responsible for any statements that are made or published, written or oral, that are inconsistent with this written warranty, or which are misleading or inconsistent with the facts as published in the literature or specifications by the Company. These warranties do not include the furnishing of any labor involved or connected with such as that required to diagnose the necessity for replacement or repair or to remove or to install any such part or parts, nor does it include responsibility for any transportation expenses or any damages or loses incurred in transporting the unit.
This warranty is invalid if the factory-applied serial number has been altered or removed from the product.
Warranty Claim Procedure
To obtain warranty service customer must:
- Provide proof of purchase in the form of a Bill of Sale or receipted invoice to show evidence that the unit is within the warranty period.
- Contact the Dealer you purchased your equipment from.
For more information or for additional assistance, please contact us. Or you may call or write to:
B. W. Inc
PO Box 150
Browns Valley, MN 56219
Customer/Warranty Service: 1-800-525-7710